Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician will inspect, service, repair, design, fabricate, and install company equipment, systems and machinery allowing production and support groups to operate efficiently with minimal downtime due to equipment or machinery trouble. The objective of the Maintenance Technician is use their troubleshooting, repair and fabrication skills to reduce or eliminate production downtime and to develop permanent solutions to stop repeat breakdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and follow high standards of safety in the normal duties of this position and also ensure the safe operation of all equipment and machinery by operators; at the minimum, this means compliance with OSHA standards
- Follow all Company safety procedures, JSA’s and Work Instructions. These include but are not limited to Lock Out / Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, Arc-Flash and electrical safety.
- Contribute to an accurate equipment history by accurately entering in the CMMS, meaningful notes and information for each Maintenance work order performed. Accurately track to each Maintenance Work order all parts and supplies used and time spent.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and MWRs to perform required maintenance and service in an efficient manner
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production hours with a sense of urgency, but never bypassing safety or other controls in place
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform minor machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform various technical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, electrical controls, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Perform various welding and fabrication operations for machine repairs and project work
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive and predictive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, volt meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty and or unsafe machine operation and report those and any unusual situations to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Participate and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being a part owner of the company
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere; i.e. exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for moderate to extended periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 10%, standing/walking 90%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear. Successfully passing a physical, audiogram, and pulmonary function test is a condition of employment of working in the maintenance department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years multi-craft experience in an industrial environment
- Competent oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to be part of a team and relationships with fellow employees and potential and current customers
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to multi task are required
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Controls and Automation Technology
- Programmable Logic Controls troubleshooting and programming skills
- Human-Machine Interaction troubleshooting and programming skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs