Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This position also recommends and implements improvements to current production processes, machines, tooling and controls. Success in this position is determined by the improvements implemented in safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze current processes; develop and execute improvements to quality, cost, and delivery
- Benchmark industry standards to determine where improvements can be made and provide a competitive advantage
- Design and source tooling and fixtures
- Utilize knowledge of product design, materials and components, machining and fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control, and safety standards
- Teach manufacturing concepts to operators and technicians
- Determine and implement proper gauging methods
- Conduct process capability studies, gage studies, and equipment utilization studies as required
- Participate in corrective action projects
- Define machinery and tooling needed to support new product requirements
- Ensure manufacturing practices align with customer and product requirements
- Identify burden material specifications
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of departmental budgets
- Plan, prioritize, justify, and execute capital plans
- Support internal APQP process through all phases of new product introduction
- Understand and utilize Hazardous Material and Waste Management principles and regulations
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being an owner of the company
Work is performed partially in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for intermittent periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 50%, Standing/walking 50%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- B.A./B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Management, or related field plus five years practical manufacturing experience and/orequivalent combination of education and experience required to perform the duties.
- Experience with Six Sigma tools, including Capability Studies, GR&R, DOE, Process Mapping, Statistical Analysis, FMEA
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals, process flow & layout, Kaizen events and Kanban systems
- Blueprint specification experience
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills; must be capable of effective communication on all levels including technical and professional
- Production process creation and implementation experience
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Diverse mechanical knowledge including, but not limited to, engines and engine components
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Judgment and decision making considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Project management skills; individual must be capable of effectively managing multiple projects while maintaining a detailed structure for each
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a critical function of this position and to the success of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidential information
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Professional experience in Engineering discipline recommended
- Minimum Green Belt in Six Sigma and ability to run Minitab
- Technical writing experience
- Excellent computer skills especially with drafting software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Diesel engine and/or drive train manufacturing and/or remanufacturing experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Lean manufacturing, Factory automation, Hydraulics, Electrical, Pneumatics, Ergonomics
- Ability to program CNC machinery utilizing CAM systems and Fanuc controls (G Code)
- Hazardous Material and Waste Management certification
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs