Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Product Engineer is responsible for the development and launch of Remanufactured engines, for current and future OEM’s, and engineering support for current programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop product accordance with Advanced Product Quality Planning methodology.
- Create Work instructions, BOMs, Control Plans, PFMEA, and processes for new product introduction.
- Create and execute the DVP&R.
- Reverse engineer products to develop specifications and targets.
- Support and service current products through customer and shop floor interaction.
- Establish and maintain program and project timing.
- Manage PPAP by working with all appropriate departments.
- Communicate project status both internally and externally to ensure alignment and successful product launch.
- Maintain quality and safety goals of the organization.
- Read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
- Research and analyze customer proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Assist sales department with technical information, marketing information and in the formulation of final quotes to the customer.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer tours of the facility highlighting areas of expertise and service.
- Input in developing and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being an owner of the company.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed partially in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for moderate periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 30%, Standing/walking70%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
MINIMUM SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS in Diesel or Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Five years practical engine and / or engine component product development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with/for OEMs
- Excellent technical and professional communication skills; must be capable of effective communication on all levels
- Experienced in project management.Proven record of leading a team and/or project from inception to completion
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Five years OEM experience
- Strong experience diesel engine design
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals
- Six Sigma exposure
- Experience in quoting and/or purchasing
- Exposure to TS/ISO Quality Systems
- Testing and data acquisition experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs