POSITION SUMMARY: Machine Operators perform routine production duties utilizing machines, gauges, and tools. The operator is responsible for the throughput and quality of the product which is measured to a standard. The product produced is necessary for the final assembly line and for direct sale to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mount, install, and align tooling attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines within the safety guidelines established by the original manufacturer and the Company using all machine guards and personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Operate the machine within the safety guidelines established by the original manufacturer and the Company using all machine guards and personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Create usable finished product which meets specification within the standard time allowed following all prescribed work instructions
- Detect worn or damaged tooling and report to Production Supervisor
- Report defective and/or unusable materials, tooling, or product to Production Supervisor Complete necessary documentation as assigned in the Work Instructions
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing 90%, walking 10%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent shop math and reasoning skills
- Ability to read various types of gauges such as calipers, micrometers, dial-bore indicators, etc.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs