Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Dynomometer (Dyno) Operator’s primary responsibility is to test engines to ensure no product that does not meet internal and/or external specifications will be shipped to external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) preventing incidents or injury to self or others
- Support shipment requirements in order to achieve facility goals; this includes scheduled overtime and/or weekend work, especially during the last two weekends of the fiscal month
- Read, understand and follow processes to test a complete engine
- Operate Spin Test and Hot Test dyno machines
- Serve as the final inspection of the product before being shipped
- Troubleshoot engine performance errors and perform repairs
- Communicate repeat errors to the Production Supervisor in order to correct errors upstream
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area for safe operation as well as customer presentation
Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, oils, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for moderate to extended periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas. They dynamometer test room is a hearing conservation area and all operators are required to wear hearing protection at all times while in this area.
Walking 20%, standing 80%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb ladders, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Basic and Advanced Engine Theory classes
- ASE certification in Automobile or Medium/Heavy Truck
- Associate’s degree in Diesel or Automotive Technology
- Competent computer skills
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs