The Wash Tank Chemical Changer position has the responsibility of draining, cleaning, re-filling, and re-charging wash tanks in order to maintain proper performance and quality standards as required by the customer and/or recommendations of management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow prescribed safety procedures such as lock-out/tag-out processes and donning proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Read, understand and follow daily tank change lists
- Read, understand and follow tank change work instructions
- Clean all aspects of tanks thoroughly, including hard to reach corners, according to manufacturer’s recommendations and/or work instructions
- Follow established procedures for chemical handling and tracking
- Communicate work log completion and report any scheduled changes that were not able to be performed and the reason for the deviation
Exposure to harsh conditions such as dust, grime, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for moderate to extended periods of time is possible. The person in this position will be required to enter the empty wash tank in order to clean. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas. This position requires operators to pass a pulmonary function test, audiogram test, physical and are required to wear a respirator at all times while handling certain chemicals.
Sitting 10%, standing/walking 90%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb ladders, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Competent oral and written communication skills
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Hazardous Material and Waste Management certification
- Lockout/Tagout training
- Maintenance Certificate
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and MS Excel
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs