POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Associate performs routine and non-routine production duties to assemble, disassemble and test units. The Associate is responsible for the throughput and quality of the product which is measured to a standard. The product produced is necessary for the final assembly line and/or for direct sale to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) preventing incidents or injury to self or others
- Create usable finished product which meets specification within the standard time allowed following all prescribed work instructions
- Select proper tooling to disassemble, assemble and test unit.
- Must be able to verify and match up shapes, sizes and color coding for assembly purposes.
- Set up and operate special equipment such as torque tools (automated and manual),
- Use micrometers, calipers, thread gage, Multi-meter and other gages to properly configure the assembly to the customer requirements
- This position requires that Associate be familiar with Bills of Materials and SRC Pick system
- This position also requires print reading skills for both electrical and hydraulic prints.
- Report defective materials, equipment, or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor and to identify and correct the root cause
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area for safe operation as well as customer presentation
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for long periods of time is possible.
Building is not air conditioned so Associate must be able to stand high heat index’. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. Employee must be able to work in tight and confined spaces. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing 90%, walking 10%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The Associate must be agile and have a high degree of dexterity and agility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position. All job offers are contingent upon passing a drug screen and criminal background check.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years direct experience
Assembly of multiple systems ( Power, Electrical, Compression )
Ability to read various types of gages such as calipers, micrometers, dial-bore indicators, etc.
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
Fork lift Certified
First aid certified
Associates Degree (Manufacturing or related)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs