Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Stock Keeper has the responsibility to stock and maintain the inventory in the warehouse in order to efficiently retrieve and deliver material for the end user when needed. The Stock Keeper’s success depends on the accuracy and organization in the warehouse in order to efficiently provide the right parts in the right quantities from the inventory stores to the production lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely operate one or more types of lift trucks to load/unload trailers and transport materials to and from production and support departments understanding
- Verify incoming material
- Stock parts to specified bin locations
- Count inventory with excellent accuracy
- Pull orders and complete transactions
- Be able to use scanners or tablets
- Move materials within the warehouse and assist in other warehouse activities as directed
- Sweep warehouse floors and organize work areas
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being an owner of the company
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere; will be exposed to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. Stock Keepers are required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas and follow all safety standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 5%, standing/walking 95%. Frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Stock Keepers may be exposed to heights in excess of 15 feet.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass required lift truck certification of which several types of lift trucks may be used including: sit down, stand up, stock picker and/or electronic cart.
- Must have competent English and math skills
- Must have accurate typing and 10-key skills
- Excellent industrial math skills, especially spatial calculations
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Bill of Materials knowledge
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs