Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Painter/Packager performs routine and non-routine production duties to paint engines, components, and other material and provide proper packaging, labeling, and special instructions for the customer. The Painter/Packager is responsible for the throughput and quality of the product which is measured to a standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) preventing incidents or injury to self or others
- Create usable finished product which meets specification within the standard time allowed following all prescribed work instructions
- Select proper packaging meeting the customer’s requirements for engines or components
- Paint engines using a water-based paint while wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment
- Print correct labels and other decals as required for part identification and shipping
- Report special packaging constraints requiring special instructions to be included in the package to the Production Supervisor
- Report defective materials, equipment, or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor to identify and correct the root cause
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area for safe operation as well as customer presentation
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Standing 90%, walking 10%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The Painter Packager is required to wear a respirator while painting and therefore must be able to pass a pulmonary function and respirator fit test. This requires that the individual remains clean shaven for proper fit. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED
Organizational and planning skills
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs