The CNC Operator performs routine and non-routine production duties utilizing machines and tools requiring specialized training such as CNC machinery, The operator is responsible for the throughput and quality of the product which is measured to a standard. The product produced is necessary for the final Turbo Assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mount, install, and align tooling attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines within the safety guidelines established by the original manufacturer and the Company using all machine guards and personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Operate the machine within the safety guidelines established by the original manufacturer and the Company using all machine guards and personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Create usable finished product which meets specification within the standard time allowed following all prescribed work instructions
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios as well as the size and position of cuts or grinds
- Detect worn or damaged tooling and report to Production Supervisor
- Report defective and/or unusable materials, tooling, or product to Production Supervisor
- Complete necessary documentation as assigned in the Work Instructions
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Standing 90%, walking 10%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent shop math and reasoning skills
- Ability to read various types of gages such as calipers, micrometers, dial-bore indicators, etc.
- Basic understanding of CNC programming and CNC operation
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Prior CNC Knowledge
- Basic CNC Training
- CNC programming
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs