Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Technician is responsible for assessing product and evaluating processes to ensure compliance with customer requirements. The Quality Technician is also responsible to assist operators in correcting non-conformances, and to provide training and feedback resulting from product assessment and customer complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of oil and sediment testing, including creating the sampling schedule, performing the testing, analyzing results and initiating action as needed in response to the results.
- Perform product audits and inspections on manufactured or assembled products to assess conformity with specifications by evaluating dimensional, visual, and other results as defined in process instructions. Discuss audit and inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments.
- Assist in activities associated with response to nonconforming product, such as parts quarantine, evaluation and assessment of inventory, root cause analysis, and solution implementation.
- Provide training on production methods and other topics as needed in response to discovery of nonconforming product, customer complaints, and preventive and corrective action.
- Manages all aspects of gaging, including ordering, tracking, calibrating, and retiring gages, and recording and maintaining gage calibration data.
- Maintains gage calibration schedule and ensures that all gaging is calibrated per that schedule, including all coordination activities required with outside calibration laboratories.
- Performs and documents gage verification activities. Performs minor repairs on gages as needed. Ensures that malfunctioning and/or out-of-calibration gages and tooling are segregated to prevent use.
- Provide training as needed to ensure proper use of gaging.
- Uses Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to perform production part inspections, purchased part inspections, tooling inspection, and other measurements to ensure quality parts are being used and made.
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management
- Must be willing to work adjusted first shift at times to cover part of second shift
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Work is performed partially in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all person protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 25%, Standing/walking 75%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, talk and hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms climb or balance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED plus one year practical experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of production, quality, or engineering experience.
- Ability to use gages required for product audit and inspection
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Good computer skills, especially in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Diesel or Automotive Technology
- ASE Certification
- Internal Auditor Training
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs