Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position will perform duties revolved around repairing material while utilizing a variety of machines. Operators also perform minor machine set-ups, general maintenance, and area housekeeping. This position will require decisions determining the quality of the products and services being offered. Physical effort requirements consist of regular lifting, pushing and pulling material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair material at an advanced level.
- Utilizes Mill, lathe, and drill presses
- Performs non routine, close tolerance machining to conform to required specifications.
- Performs set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being an owner of the company.
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all personal protectiveequipment in designated areas.
- Work attendance must be exemplary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Adhere to tolerances and processes.
- Participate in the processes of continuous improvement.
- Operator is responsible for all area housekeeping.
- Ability to effectively perform similar positions on the floor at any point in time.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Exposure to atmospheric conditions, such as: dust, fumes, noise and varying temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Repetitive motion work is required. Physical effort requirements consist of regular lifting, pushing and pulling material weighing 50 pounds occasionally, 40 pounds frequently and 20 pounds constantly. When there is an occasion to move heavy material greater than 50 pounds, the operator will request assistance from another operator, or utilize provided lifting equipment. Standing 80%; walking 20%.
- Some exposure in operating in Bridgeport, lathe, or drill press.
- One year of experience in salvage-like position.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining machines.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
ADDITIONAL SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Computer literacy/experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Educational exposure to manufacturing principles.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High level of energy and motivation.
- Desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs