Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Staff Accountant, this position is responsible for duties in the accounting department related to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. These functions include, coordinating the billing with sales, management, and warehouse. This position is also responsible for verifying all customer invoices are coded to the appropriate general ledger accounts. In addition, this position will assist in some of the weekly functions in Accounts Payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Finance Manager to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute monthly receivables reports and statements
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise errors as necessary.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills or invoices. Assist AP Clerk in matching invoices with purchase order receipts and processing
- Assist AP Clerk in preparation of check payments
- Assist AP Clerk in responding to vendor inquires.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Process vendor credit memos.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations related to Accounts Receivable, and Petty Cash.
- Post, record and summarize financial data using general ledger activity related to sales, billing, and Accounts Payable. Needs to understand chart of accounts and the importance of performance analysis.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to the billing processes.
- Participate in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being an employee-owner of the company.
- Prepares proper documentation for audits and interprets and resolves audit findings.
- Performs additional assignments, as directed by the Controller, Finance Manager, Cost Analyst or management
- High school diploma and one year of experience in an Accounting/Payroll/AP/AR capacity and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current financial and accounting computer application knowledge with the ability to learn and operate new as well as existing software and hardware on company computers.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Appropriate professional image with high ethical standards.
- Clerical knowledge and administrative ability in maintaining accurate files and records using mathematical and deductive reasoning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required in order to communicate clearly and persuasively with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a critical function of this position and to the success of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Additional Skill/Knowledge, Ability/Education/Experience Preferred:
- Participate in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being a part owner of the company.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to management.
- Three years general accounting experience.
Work Environment: Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Physical Demands: Sitting, 75%, standing/walking 25%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs