Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
The Program Manager Trainee is responsible for overseeing the development of a program throughout all 5 phases of APQP, from receipt of Request for Quote (RFQ) to the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). The Program Manager provides direction, timelines and high-level milestones, Orchestrates SRC HD teams throughout the process, and manages customer expectations and deliverables through direct interface. The Program Manager Trainee forecast’s future sales and resources needed once program is launched.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees development of a program throughout all 5 phases of APQP
- Sets priorities for development; realizes limitations of resources based on:
- SRC Strategy
- Potential Sales / Profit / Absorption / Cash flow of the program
- Capacity Levels
- Customer Expectations
- Maximizing Efficiencies and Resource Utilization
- Manages customer expectations and deliverables; sets realistic customer expectations based on program development resources; ensures customer understands their deliverables in development; establishes consistent communication with customer during program development.
- Initiates sales calls for future program prospects when necessary
- Based on customer expectations and SRC priorities, Program Manager works with departments to establish timelines and milestones or “gates” for completion.
- Manages all 5 phases of APQP process establishing milestones, timeline and action items.
- Sets timelines, feedback sessions and weekly meetings to provide direction and leadership to all departments throughout the APQP process.
- Forecasts future sales and resources needed once program is launched:
- Based on units, per part number, per month, for 12 months
- Clearly communicates to SRC Employee Owners opportunities and timing
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being an owner of the company
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hosts visiting customers, delivering presentations and facilitate meetings.
- Customer dealer training and promotion of remanufacturing benefits.
- Assists in updating customer data information for customer service purposes.
- Assists with customers, sales reps, distributors, etc. with regard to quote status, products and services offered by the company.
- Conducts competitive research on competitor’s products, services and market pricing levels
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing, Business, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of experience in managing programs in the development of new product.
- Process driven; proven track record of leading projects involving a high level of detail orientation, multiple departments and tight time constraints.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to interpret customer requirements and communicate them with internal departments to determine/clarify project requirements; able to present progress and status to customers in a clear, positive and credible fashion.
- Strong analytical skills; able to onsidering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- 10 – 30 % travel to customers or vendors as required.
- Problem solver; capable of finding creative solutions and ingenuity to overcome obstacles.
- Familiarity with Bills of Material within a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Project.
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in working with commercial diesel engine manufacturers. Must possess knowledge of engine manufacturers’ requirements and market trends.
- Good understanding of both financial reports and budgeting process.
- Higher education in engineering, sales or purchasing
- Desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through education
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs