Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant keeps the day-to-day accounting functions current, accurate, and easily accessible. This position’s focus is on the Payroll and Sales/COGS portion of the accounting department. Transfers financial data into useful information in order for employee-owners to make good decisions based on historical and projected performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Finance Manager to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise errors as necessary
- Prepare itemized statements, bills or invoices
- Post, record and summarize financial data using general ledger activity related to sales, billing, and Payroll. Needs to understand chart of accounts and the importance of performance analysis.
- Complete weekly hourly and Salary Non-Exempt payroll upload and process payroll for manufacturing.
- Review weekly time sheets and resolve with supervisor any discrepancies in employee hours.
- Maintains personnel and payroll records for employees to ensure accurate integration of such records within the ADP payroll system.
- Create journal entries, verify general ledger activity, and other financial entries. Needs an overall understanding of financial activity and the importance in performance analysis
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations related to Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Petty Cash.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial reports, including income statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, sales analysis, ratios and financial letter
- Assist other departments in creating accurate forecasting methods
- Assists with accounting controls to strengthen internal controls and prevent errors in entry, forecasting, and reporting; this includes internal controls for all aspects of the organization
- Comply with governmental and corporate regulations completing all required surveys and reports for corporate and government regulatory agencies
- Looks for accounting discrepancies and irregularities, analyze each situation, and suggest policies and procedures to prevent future errors
- Participate in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being an employee-owner of the company.
- Responsibilities include revenue recognition, variance analysis, forecasting, and budget preparation
- Assists and consults with management staff regarding preparation of budgets for individual departments
- Assists in reviews of financial and internal controls to determine whether such controls are adequate to meet management objectives and ensure the safeguarding of assets; recommends and implements security and system control procedures
- Prepares proper documentation for audits and interprets and resolves audit findings
- All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions— such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Sitting, 75%, standing/walking 25%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 to 3 years accounting experience required
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Appropriate professional image with high ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required in order to communicate clearly and persuasively with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization
- Good educator, trustworthy and willing to share information
- Current financial and accounting computer application knowledge
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Possess leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Expand on knowledge, skills, and education as needed
- Manufacturing organization experience
- CPA and/or CMA designation in progress or completed
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs