Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Responsible for the development of our OEM customer base and the OEM Dealer base – in essence – own both business channels. The Business Manager must position SRC as the customers’ primary supply, assist in the development of the annual strategic plan including unit and dollar sales along with gross margin targets from sales and mentor Account Managers within their business channel. Building a personal relationship with the key OEM’s and know them on a 1st. name basis is essential. The Business Manager must also develop promotions, marketing plans, pricing levels and prioritize new product development including feasibility studies as to the strength of new product recommendations as well as insure that we obtain competitive data including product design, strengths/weaknesses, pricing and marketing methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for obtaining and managing the contracts or supply agreements with the clients you are assigned
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel at our OEM accounts and with their key dealer accounts
- Responsible for meeting the sales and gross margin dollar goals as outlined in the strategic plan
- Participate in the budget and planning process projecting sales and gross margin dollar expectations for the OEM business channel
- Actively pursue “core returns” which is critical to our ability to maintain our reman process
- Promote our Reman Program and other SRC Programs every chance you get
- Work to promote business for the Test Center
- Identify and quickly solve customer issues with product quality, services or other areas so the customer views SRC as a business partner
- Set aside time for continuing education in the areas of product, industry, and general business knowledge as well as current events in order to improve their value in the market
- Provide product or service follow up to ensure that the customer’s expectations are exceeded
- Utilize “CRM” to keep records of customer account information, customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.Train “CRM” within your group
- Fully understand each customer’s business model to thoroughly identify opportunities and risks pertaining to the product line
- Select target customers and develop business plans specifically designed to earn market share from those customers
- Lead demand-generating marketing activities in the assigned market for the assigned product specialty
- Plan and coordinate effective trade shows and industry event participation with follow up and measure associated business benefits
- Conduct Dealer training within your channel
- Travel to customer locations to interface with our internal and external customers or dealer, field sales personnel and vendors
- After each sales trip or customer contact provide a written trip report to the Vice-President of Sales and marketing within “CRM”
- Record all relevant data concerning sales calls and customer contacts in “CRM”
- Ensure that quotes or verbal pricing offered to customers result in either an order or a written reason why it was unsuccessful.Suggest ideas to overcome objections to increase the success rate
- Be seen in the market as the “product line expert” – aligning the model and the task
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and risks pertaining to our OEM business
- Responsible to forecast the market conditions and projected sales within your channel
- Identify and analyze market potential, competitive data, and product offering
- Responsible for all Profit & Loss within the OEM business channel
- Responsible for maximizing selling prices in order to obtain the highest gross margin dollars and percentage for the company
- Responsible for the competitiveness and acceptability of our products in the channel.
- Continuously improve personal knowledge of the assigned product line to keep ahead of industry changes
- Participate in sales forecasts, analysis of competitor data, and industry pricing to develop a market price strategy and estimate margins
- Responsible for budget planning, actual projections, and variance analysis
- Assist in the control of inventory levels – both parts and finished good.Make decisions that maximize return on working capital, meet or exceed our fulfillment goals and maximizing returns on resources
- Develop marketing actions that effectively promote the product lines assigned
- Interact with other Team Members to drive results that help the company achieve its sales and profit goals, while taking actions to maintain
- Provide coaching and professional development to the Account Managers in their business channel including training that will enhance their product knowledge, selling skills while developing a comprehensive succession plan
- Interact with all Team Members to drive results that help the company achieve its sales and profit goals, while taking action to maintain cost controls, factory errors, and re-work.
- Insure that the Tech. Center staff is trained on both the products and the customers in your business channel.
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales and margin targets
- Develop Sales team members to support the business and succession planning goals
- Work attendance must be exemplary
- Required to follow all safety standards. Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
- Participate in and support the principals of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being an owner of the Company
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in updating customer data information for customer services purposes
- Assist with customers, sales reps, distributors, etc. with regard to quote status, products and services offered by the company
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals
- Establish familiarity with competitors’ products and services
- Assist in coordinating customer visits
- Conduct competitive research and market pricing levels
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear. 30% to 40% travel including overnight stays will be required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing, Business, Industrial Sciences, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Natural Gas, Diesel, or Automotive Engine experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales
- Successful negotiation experience
- Ability to build relationships with fellow employees andpotential and current customers
- Exceptional oral, written, and listening communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to multi task are required
- Able to make judgments and decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
- Complete understanding of the manufacturing and delivery process and timetable to satisfy the needs of the customer without compromising our ability to produce a quality product
- Demonstrated understanding of operations, supply chain, product development and marketing
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, Industrial Sciences, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Remanufacturing experience
- through education
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs