Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Calibration Technician is responsible for managing the gaging and calibration program including definition of standard gaging and instrumentation, purchase and maintenance of NIST traceable standards for calibration, determining and maintaining appropriate calibration intervals, and administering Gage R&R studies in compliance with customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defining standard gaging and instrumentation for use in determination of product conformance.
- Ensure that gaging and instrumentation used to determine product conformance is adequate and appropriate for the application.
- Determine when Gage R&R studies are needed, plan and administer Gage R&R studies, interpret results and take action as needed.
- Define calibration frequencies and maintain calibration program.
- Manages all aspects of gaging, including ordering, tracking, calibrating, and retiring gages, and recording and maintaining gage calibration data.
- Performs and documents gage verification activities. Performs minor repairs on gages as needed. Ensures that malfunctioning and/or out-of-calibration gages and tooling are segregated to prevent use.
- Maintains gage calibration schedule and ensures that all gaging is calibrated per that schedule, including all coordination activities required with outside calibration laboratories.
- Assist in activities associated with response to nonconforming product, such as parts quarantine, evaluation and assessment of inventory, root cause analysis, and solution implementation.
- Provide training as needed to ensure proper use of gaging.
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management
Work is performed partially in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all person protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 25%, Standing/walking 75%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, talk and hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms climb or balance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
High School Diploma/GED
Math skills such as decimals, fractions, and statistics
Minimum of three years’ experience in either tool or gage or calibration disciplines
Able to read and interpret complex blueprints, geometric tolerance specifications, and machine pneumatic and electrical schematics, as well as read and interpret written and verbal instructions
Three years of production, quality, or engineering experience
Good interpersonal skills
Good oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
Good time management and organizational skills
Good computer skills, especially in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in Diesel or Automotive Technology
Internal Auditor Training
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs