Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Test Engineer develops and implements testing procedures for diesel engines and diesel engine components. This position also recommends and implements improvements to current test and manufacturing processes. Success in this position is determined by the improvements implemented in safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze product performance specifications; develop production testing procedures and equipment to ensure product conformance.
- Analyze current test processes; develop and execute improvements to quality, cost, and delivery
- Benchmark industry standards to determine where improvements can be made and provide a competitive advantage
- Design and source harnesses, tooling, and fixtures
- Teach production testing concepts to operators and technicians
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of departmental budgets
- Plan, prioritize, justify, and execute capital projects
- Support internal APQP process through all phases of new product introduction
- Understand and utilize Hazardous Material and Waste Management principles and regulations
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being an owner of the company
Work is performed partially in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for intermittent periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 50%, Standing/walking 50%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Management, or related field
- Five years practical experience
- Experience with diesel engine testing
- Strong understanding of diesel engine controls, through Tier IV.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills; must be capable of effective communication on all levels including technical and professional
- Production test process creation and implementation experience
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Diverse mechanical knowledge including, but not limited to, engines and engine components
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Judgment and decision making considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Project management skills; individual must be capable of effectively managing multiple projects while maintaining a detailed structure for each
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Professional experience in Engineering discipline recommended
- Technical writing experience
- Experience testing PACCAR, Navistar, and GM engines.
- PowerNet experience
- PLC programming
- Diesel engine and/or drive train manufacturing and/or remanufacturing experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs