Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
The Production Supervisor directs the work activities and accesses the necessary resources for manufacturing products in accordance with the Customer’s specifications and expectations. This will be achieved by ensuring that a safe environment and culture exists, tooling and machines are able to meet the required tolerances, operators are able to meet the standard time to produce a unit, and mechanisms are in place and utilized to reduce the total cost of production. Production Supervisors may supervise multiple production departments with as many as 50 direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate production and processing activities according to the daily and monthly schedule
- Identify and correct capacity constraints due to machinery capacity or human resources issues
- Provide the training needed in order for direct reports to be competent in their job
- Supervise employees including employee selection, development, and disciplinary action
- Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports to ensure a well-qualified and motivated department
- Track absenteeism and time-keeping and observe associates’ behavior looking for patterns of behavior and personal issues that do or could interfere with a person’s safety, quality, and productivity
- Develop reports/methods that enhance forecasting ability and analysis
- Review and enforce production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, manufacturing engineering, safety, and other operational reports, to detect production problems
- Build and develop strong relationships with direct reports, peers, and external customers with the intent to identify and correct problems resulting from the quality of our product
- Ensure talent development and/or succession planning within the department’s staff
- Communicate a clear direction for the department
- Forecast monthly production labor rate and performance based on hard data and history
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve organization’s goals
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for moderate periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 40%, standing/walking 60%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Manufacturing experience, engine and/or machining experience preferred
- Must be able to make judgments and decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
- Good interpersonal skills, including good knowledge of the Company’s Employee Assistance Program
- Competent oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Superior presentation and analytical skills
- Must be able to build a team and relationships with fellow employees and potential and current customers
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to multi task are required
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs