Get in The Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, submit your best application below. You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Second Shift Sign-on Bonus: $2,500
Payout: $1,000 after 30 days and $1,500 after 6 Months from start date; includes time as staffing agency employee.
Eligibility: Must not have been employed at Springfield ReManufacturing Corp. in the previous 365 days or be currently employed by another division of SRC Holdings Corp.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assembler performs routine and non-routine production duties to assemble engines, fuel injection pumps, and/or engine components. The assembler is responsible for the throughput and quality of the product which is measured to a standard. The product produced is necessary for the final assembly line and/or for direct sale to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) preventing incidents or injury to self or others
- Create usable finished product which meets specification within the standard time allowed following all prescribed work instructions
- Select proper tooling to assemble engine, fuel pump, or components
- Set up and operate special equipment such as torque tools (automated and manual),
- Use micrometers, calipers, and other gages to properly configure the assembly to the customer requirements
- Report defective materials, equipment, or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor to identify and correct the root cause
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area for safe operation as well as customer presentation
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Standing 90%, walking 10%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Engine theory and practical application
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, control plans, and build of materials
- Ability to read various types of gages such as calipers, micrometers, dial-bore indicators, etc.
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
ASE Certification in Engine Machinist (M1-Cylinder Heads, M2-Crankcases, and/or M3-Engine Assembly)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs