Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
The Human Resources Generalist assists in the maintaining of a fully-staffed, well-educated, and satisfied workforce competent to meet the needs of the Internal Customer and the strategic vision of the Company. The HR Generalist primary focus will be on providing top notch service in regards to benefits and total rewards information for the entire workforce. Additionally, their key deliverable objective will be to provide training and recruiting for the non-exempt section of the workforce.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about benefits and the Company Total Rewards package
- Recruit for the non-exempt workforce
- Assist in the development and administration of non-exempt workforce training initiatives
- Advise workforce in matters relating to basic Company rules and policies
- Assist HR Director in any policy change and the enforcement of that policy change
- Oversee and own employee records management
- Provide status reports and track non-exempt workforce performance appraisals
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist HR Director with succession planning efforts
- Assist HR Director with the identification of more efficient training and recruiting methods
- Assist HR Director with more basic employee relations issues
- Meet with employees, customers, suppliers, and other guests of the Company as required to build and promote relationships
- Participate in Open Book Management principles
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 75%, Standing/walking 25%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Competent oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Must be willing to expand on knowledge and abilities as needed
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Exposure to basic HR concepts in a manufacturing setting
- Recruiting & training administration strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively present information in a group session or training session
- Held at least one position in a Leadership capacity
- Demonstration of volunteering experience
Department: Human Resources
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs