Job Title: Warehouse Associate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Type of Position: Full-Time
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Reporting to This Position: N/A
The Warehouse Associate position is responsible for performing inventory management, shipping and receiving. The success of the position depends on the accuracy and organization in the warehouse in order to efficiently provide the right parts in the right quantities from the inventory stores to the production lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely operate one or more types of lift trucks to load/unload trailers and transport materials to and from production and support departments understanding the importance of on-time delivery.
- Receive and verify incoming material ensuring package slips are accurate.
- Correct receiving, shipping and inventory problems and communicate the discrepancy to the Materials Department to prevent future occurrence.
- Stock parts to specified bin locations verifying the actual inventory to the count listed
- Count inventory with excellent accuracy.
- Pull internal orders from racking or tool crib areas and complete required paperwork.
- Use shipping reports and communication with the Materials to prioritize Customer shipments assuring 100% on-time delivery.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines, and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) preventing incidents or injury to self or others.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area for safe operation as well as customer presentation.
- Performs work according to the highest quality standards to produce a superior end product, meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Change powered truck batteries and propane canisters by following all safety procedures
- Move materials within the warehouse and core receiving areas properly recording new locations and/or quantities.
- Participate in the cycle count program and understand the cycle count adjustment process.
- Package finished goods allowing them to be transported safely and received to the customer’s satisfaction.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to apply basic math for computing inventory.
- Ability to operate a computer to enter inventory levels.
- Ability to operate handheld scanners/barcode readers.
- Ability to read and interpret Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel at Intermediate level to include use of formulas and filters.
- Ability to communicate with vendors.
- Ability to operate a variety of material handling equipment in a safe manner. This includes but is not limited to a stand up forklift, sit down forklift, pallet jack, cranes and hoist.
- One (1) year of materials experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Routinely lifts and moves products and heavy material with weight up to 60 pounds.
- Routinely lifts and moves products and heavy material with weight up to 60 pounds with assistance.
- Frequently remains in a standing and walking position to perform inventory duties.
- Frequently communications with team leaders to determine inventory needs.
- Frequently views bill of materials and checklists on computers.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends to move equipment and materials.
- Frequently climbs stairs and ladders to move material to stock.
- Frequently exposed to outside elements when loading trucks.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at SRC of Lexington. Inc.