At-Will Job Description
Job Title: Maintenance PM Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Type of Position: Full-Time
Reports To: Maintenance Team Leader
Reporting to This Position: N/A
We are looking for an entry level Maintenance PM Technician who is looking to work with a fast-paced team dedicated to maintaining equipment and ensuring the highest production efficiency possible. The Maintenance PM Technician performs preventative maintenance according to schedule and assists maintenance technicians and The Maintenance Team Leader with repairs or improvement tasks in a safe, timely and efficient manner. The Maintenance PM Technician is responsible for assisting in ensuring that equipment in the plant operates safely for end user.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to all safety guidelines, and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) preventing incidents or injury to self or others.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area for safe operation as well as customer presentation.
- Assists in executing repairs, installation, improvements, and preventative work tasks to the highest workmanship standards.
- Completes machine and building PMs safely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management.
- Anticipates and minimizes delays in production operations due to preventative maintenance or repair and then takes appropriate action to meet work schedules.
- Ensures compliance to OSHA/NFPA/Electrical code when performing tasks.
- Immediately reports delays to Maintenance Team Leader due to unforeseen repair issues.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of machinery and related systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems would be advantageous.
- Possesses good verbal communication skills to speak with team leaders, customers, engineering, HR, end-users, and quality.
- Ability to have an orderly and methodical approach to performing work.
- Possesses computer skills with the ability to use computer systems to troubleshoot equipment, retrieve safety information, work processes, complete purchases, approve timecards, etc.
- Ability to make judgments on downtime and time to repair estimates.
- Ability to function with, contribute to, and lead a team of employees.
- Ability to collaborate with various department functions including the customers, end-users, Engineering, HR, and Quality.
- Ability to assess production schedule requirements and make appropriate preventative maintenance schedules to minimize downtime.
- One (1) year of maintenance or relevant Industrial experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.L REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JO
- Frequently lifts and moves products and heavy material with weight up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently remains in a standing position to perform functions and duties.
- Frequently analyzes machine parts to determine reuse in repair.
- Frequently exposed to temperature variation when performing tasks within the building.
- Frequently communicates with employees to fact gather in the troubleshooting process.
- Frequently lifts and moves products and heavy material weighing over 60 pounds with assistance.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends to move equipment and materials.
- Frequently climbs stairs, ladders, and equipment to analyze machinery performance.
- Frequently exposed to outside elements when performing facility maintenance.
- Frequently operate computer to source parts or research.
- Occasionally may wear a respirator or welding mask.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at SRC of Lexington. Inc.