This position will be responsible for new product development. Position will be responsible for creating/approving/executing product launch plan. Responsible for determining product feasibility from both an engineering and business perspective. They will also ensure best practice and proper engineering procedures are followed for new and existing product. They will be required to work with several departments and groups to develop a strategic plan to achieve the desired results. This person should be goal oriented and a self-starter with high technical aptitude. They must also possess good computer and communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical team members.
- This position will be responsible for specific reman new product development to achieve CNHi Reman SBP
- Key driver of production safety, quality and efficiency
- Manage expense tracking and work orders for related accounts. Participate in and support Open Book Management
- Maintain adherence to project timelines. Work within budgets using a balance of creativity and capital
· Manage product release projects from inception to production approval, including continued product support post release
· Create and manage new product launch plan. Create product feasibility cases to support product launch
· Develop engineering standards by researching information on new and existing products
· Work with CNH Engineering to obtain technical information and authorization of remanufacturing techniques to ensure best practice
· Reverse engineer products and components to create specifications
· Read, comprehend, and apply component drawings, service manuals, part catalogs, service bulletins, and engineering releases to ensure best practice and product quality
· Development of Bills of Material (BOM), including replacement % for core and new components
· Development of FMEA, work instructions, control plans, labor standards, production control documents, specifications, etc
· Review and approve Change Requests (PCRs), Document Change Notices (DCNs), RER’s, & BOM change requests specific to product to maintain best practice and product quality
· Direct engineering buyer/materials to source and obtain pricing for new parts not currently in PICK
· Approve the validation (ISIR’s) of aftermarket parts and new or secondary suppliers.
· Provide direction/communicate with Mfg. Engineer to determine tooling, specifications, testing, etc for new product release
· Provide information for new product release requirements to Mfg. Engineer to determine capital plan
· Communicate with coordinator/accounting department on setting cost standards
· Direct/coordinate PPAP process for new product release. Submit all required documents to Product Engineering Manager for appropriate PPAP approval
· Develop product information for part number revisions and any upgrades required
· Perform other duties assigned by the Product Engineering Manager. Review and report incidents and accidents
· Collect and submit monthly engineering expense (tracking sheet). Must be able to lead and direct a team in all functions of discipline. Participate in APQP Process
· Safety- Number one Priority.
· Quality – Support the quality policy and ensure processes are being followed, trained employees, etc.
· Cost – Participate in budget, capital, and daily financial tracking
· Delivery – Focus of customer demand
· Analytical Thinking: When faced with a situation, issue, problem they make multiple casual links between several potential causes of events, several consequences of action, or multiple-part chain of events. Analyzes relationships among several parts of a problem situation. (Anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps, in detail, with multiple steps)
· Communication: Conveys facts and concepts in a clear and understandable way, both orally and written. Able to convey technical information in way s that non-technical people can understand and act on it. They are able to prepare business reports, letters, memos, etc. that present information and provide recommendations in a complete and cogent manner. They select the appropriate media (email, voice mail, face-to-face, letter, etc.) for the information being delivered and are comfortable making presentation on familiar subject matter in front of groups.
· Customer Service Focus: Take personal responsibility for correcting customer-service problems and corrects problem promptly and in a positive manner.
· Flexibility: The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. They apply rules flexibly by alters normal procedures to fit a specific situation to get a job done and/or meet company rules.
· Good Judgment: They evaluate trade-offs by identifying several viable solutions and evaluates each by considering the implications (pros and cons). They set priorities and choose the course of action closest to a win-win-win solution.
· Initiative: Acts up to 3 months ahead to identify a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and take action in light of this identification.
· Results Orientation: Sets out to exceed established goals by monitoring their performance and making adjustments as needed to exceed expectations.
· Teamwork and Co-operation: Works to build team commitment to promote good working relationships regardless of personal like or dislikes. They build good morale or cooperation within the team, including creating symbols of group identity or other actions to build cohesiveness and encourage or facilitate a beneficial resolution to conflict.
Requirements (including minimum education & years of experience):
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED. BS degree required, BS degree in Engineering field preferred. Regular attendance. Overtime.
· Six Sigma certification would be considered an asset. Project management experience 3+ years preferred
· Experience in manufacturing setting with progressive and technical responsibilities including product development and project management. Design experience would be considered an asset. Requiring hours of service that would average at least 30 hours of service per week.
· Walking, standing, stooping, bending, lifting, reaching. Must be able to read MSDS sheet
· Ability to use office equipment including personal computers with Microsoft Office products
· Ability to develop/recommend appropriate assembly & testing processes for products to determine reliability, durability, and performance characteristic. Ability to read/comprehend/apply GD&T prints. Highly knowledgeable about product & components.
· Strong analytical skills/logic with the ability to put into action. Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
· Knowledge of various machinery including welding, machining, wash, press and material handling equipment
· Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to communicate knowledge. Broad exposure to manufacturing processes, tools and equipment
· Familiar with many drawing formats, units of measure, measuring tools and techniques
· Good understanding of OSHA, ANSI and the EPA as they relate to industry and industrial situations is preferred
· 10 plus years experience with product engineering or related field in lieu of BS degree will be considered. Associates degree required.Please feel free to apply to as many positions as you are interested in.
This is a full time position