Under direct and indirect supervision of a supervisor, supports production and operations by performing routine and non-routine general maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment, machinery, tooling, vehicles and building.
- Timely responses and accurate diagnosis of equipment issues directly affect the ability of production and all departments to complete their jobs and ultimately our ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations.
- Plan and complete preventative maintenance programs for critical equipment and machinery.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all plant systems and equipment.
- Oil, clean, inspect, install and repair machinery.
- Assist in maintaining waste water treatment system.
- Other general duties include: general plumbing, electrical, mechanical, welding and carpentry assignments.
- Must clean and organize work area after each assigned task.
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management.
All departments rely on maintenance technicians to maintain machinery, equipment and the building so they can perform their job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Effective communication between maintenance technicians and all internal departments and positions is critical to determine their needs and address their concerns. Occasional communication with vendors, customers, and regulatory agencies is also required.
Communicate with Safety Department to ensure all safety and OSHA 1910 standards are followed.
Communicate with Quality Department to ensure all ISO standards are followed.
Requirements (including minimum education & years of experience):
· Minimum High School diploma or GED
· At least 3 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
· Ability to read MSDS sheets, able to do math calculations.
· Ability to interpret machine and electrical prints and schematics.
· Ability to use numerous hand tools, specialized analysis equipment, phone, fax, copier, computer, fork truck and scissor lift.
· Must be able to wear respirator when required.
· Regular, predictable and reliable attendance. Overtime
· Must wear all required personal protection equipment in designated areas.
· Conformance to requirements is important to succeeding operations. Will support the Quality Management System (QMS).
· Standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting.
· Requiring hours of service that would average at least 30 hours of service per week
Please feel free to apply to as many positions as you are interested in.
This is a full time position