All kayak and paddleboard staff will work to the best of their abilities in the area(s) of kayak and paddleboard
rentals, kayak and paddleboard merchandise sales, eco-tour guides with the department goal being to meet and exceed proposed income goals. Weekly goals for each area will be displayed at each site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Customer service- good overall knowledge of everything KHK has to offer.
• Kayak rental, daily.
• Kayak sales, daily.
• Kayak maintenance, weekly.
• Paddleboard rental.
• Paddleboard sales.
• Paddleboard maintenance.
• Other rentals and maintenance as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, & Experience
• High school diploma or GED; or one to three months of related experience
• Combination of education and experience
• First Aid and CPR Certification – preferred
• ACA Certified - preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions finished in written, oral, or
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the outdoor nature of this position one can expect
to spend a large amount of their time in wet, humid, cold, or hot conditions. In addition, there is some exposure
to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in this position is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Under 1/3 of a person’s time will be spent using
hands, climbing, balancing, tasting and/or smelling. Between 1/3 and 2/3 of a person’s time will be spent
walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling. Over 2/3 of a person’s time will be spent
standing, reaching, talking and/or hearing. A person in this position can expect to lift frequently up to 50 lbs.,
and on occasion up to 100 lbs. Vision required; close, distance, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust
focus. Color vision is not required but helpful in distinguishing between boats. Employee must be able to
identify and distinguish between plants and wildlife for interpretation (or be willing to learn).
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a non-management position
This is a seasonal position