We are currently seeking summer student interns in an effort to provide an educational training experience for individuals hoping to pursue a career in marketing and communications and events.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
KHK Marketing interns have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of our diverse marking program as well as other departments in the company. You will have the opportunity to grow as a leader, collaborate with marketing and retail teams, and contribute your own ideas to the company by assisting with many day-to-day marketing responsibilities and special events.
- Interns will be responsible for planning and running Kids’ days each week for their area with the guidance and supervision of the Events coordinator.
- Be an ambassador for the company, this means having a positive attitude and conversation with visitors and familiarizing yourself with the company & OBX.
- Present unique ideas to promote the event and draw visitors to participate.
- The main goal of Kids’ Day is to essentially drive sale’s back to the store during more slow times of day by creating a positive and fun experience for kids and their families.
- Assist weekly distribution of KHK marketing materials in your area.
- Distribution is a huge part of our reaching the summer crowd and it’s essential that racks stay stocked.
- This is also an opportunity to improve, maintain, and develop relationships with other businesses.
- Again, you are an ambassador for Kitty Hawk Kites, keeping a positive attitude and knowing about the company is essential.
- Kitty Hawk Kites hosts a number of events in the summer from kite festivals, to fundraisers, to SUP races.
- You will be assisting in all aspects of these events such as promotion, volunteer recruitment, and collecting sponsors.
- Interns will have the opportunity to take leadership in the planning of one of KHK’s many annual summer events under close supervision of the Events coordinator.
• Competitive wages
• Bonuses and incentives available
• End of season bonus for staying through commitment dates
• Paid training
• Free recreation including hang gliding, kite boarding and kayaking
• up to 40% discount on merchandise
• Company sponsored cookouts and events
• Housing priority is given to interns and visa students
* Housing is limited
• Fun work environment and summer at the beach!
• Commitment to 12 week internship and flexible availability: nights, weekends and holidays
• Commitment to customer service through great teamwork and
• Dedication to excellence demonstrated by taking initiative and
increasing product knowledge.
Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a non-management position
This is an internship position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs