Kitty Hawk Kites is seeking a full time Assistant Buyer/ Merchandise Manager.
- Experience in seasonal/ resort market strongly preferred.
- Must be able to visualize assortment and develop a detailed assortment plan to be executed to drive sales.
- Will analyze trends, stock and space available in order to make the best buys related to soft & hard goods.
- Work in stores regularly to learn from managers and customers and to insure correct merchandise presentation, stock levels, signage, product training and markdowns.
- Educate Managers to understand products and assortment strategy.
- Meet with Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Store Managers and Buyers weekly.
- Communicate with the warehouse to insure the flow of merchandise.
- Search out high margin promotable merchandise. Inform stores of advertised items and insure adequate stock levels. Analyze results.
- Assist with analyzing open-to-buy plans and inventory stock levels by store to maximize sales and profit goals.
- Maintain budgets.
- Assist with vendor programs.
- Search out new merchandise and merchandise trends. Develop and test new items. Identify and maximize hot selling items, identify slow items and develop plans to liquidate them.
- Data entry: purchase orders / reissue of purchase orders, transfers and distributions.
- Shop and be aware of the competition and what is happening in the industry.
- Assist with the department “point of view” and make sure it is conveyed clearly and concisely to management, store managers and the marketing department.
- Experience as a Store Manager, District Manager, Buyer.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join our dynamic team and help us "Teach the World to Fly". Equal Opportunity Employer.Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs