The Additive Manufacturing Engineering Technician will be responsible for metal AM build setup and extraction, operation, and preventive maintenance of the AM machines, processing equipment and processes within an AS9100 manufacturing environment. This position offers a unique opportunity to join a world class AM team in a company that offers stability, longevity and growth. Come Join Us!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, operate and maintain metal AM L-PBF Machines
- Self-driven individual with ability to work in a team-based collaborative environment where priorities often change and get reprioritized.
- Monitor and record operational information such as functional issues, material consumption rates and build completion dates
- Troubleshoot mechanical, optical laser, electrical, and build issues.
- Perform post print operations including powder and support removal, cleaning and part handling.
- Follow work orders, procedures, specifications, and test instructions.
- Provide process improvement feedback and implement solutions.
- Assist Engineers with setup and fabrication of new and current AM Machine and Process Parameter Development
Basic Qualifications and Desired Requirements:
- Associates degree in an engineering/business discipline or equivalent/relevant experience
- 2 years or more of experience operating L-PBF AM equipment including SLM, EOS, and Concept Laser machines.
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing operations environment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Understanding of the L-PBF Additive Manufacturing and process parameter development.
- Experience in powder and support structure removal processes and equipment.
- Ability to use CAD, CAM, ERP and MES software to follow various processes.
- Experience working with Magics by Materialize Additive Manufacturing hardware specific software
- Wire EDM experience
- Experience working with basic shop tools and hand tools required
- Customer service / interaction experience
- Excellent written communication skills required
- Basic ordering and shipping experience
- Ability to endure a flexible work schedule
- Basic understanding of machine tools (milling, lathe, drill presses, CNC) and heat treating
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- The Company will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
If you have passion to build, innovate, troubleshoot, work collaboratively, and desire to be part of a team that wants to win together, apply today.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position