Exciting opportunity for an Additive Manufacturing Process Engineer!
The AM Process Engineer is a dynamic position whose function is to develop, manage, and support the metal 3D printing process for use in development of components for Aerospace and Defense applications. This position offers a unique opportunity to join a world class AM team in a company that offers stability, longevity and growth. Come Join Us!
This position will be involved in and driving a range of process development, and optimization for AM of metallic parts and components in Aerospace and Defense. This role will take the lead to support process development for multiple applications, explore and qualify current and new AM process solutions to support design and manufacturing of AM components, as well as support our customer AM process developments and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on process development for metal AM technologies, industry best practices, and best process solutions to support our customers AM requirements.
- Develop and Optimize entire suite of AM process including L-PBF machine recipes, post machining, heat treatments and surface finishes and NDT.
- Work with design engineers to develop recipes in bringing parts from design to production.
- Support and drive learning from CAD data through simulation, design compensation, optimization, support generation, build prep, and production guidelines and documentation.
- Provide feedback to design engineers and production floor to continuously improve the AM part production process.
- Perform analysis, characterization, simulation, test, and verification of AM hardware as well as AM materials properties and analyze results from downstream fabrication and testing operations to inform process improvements.
- Generate and release additive process specifications to control product quality and establish build qualification and product acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with quality engineers in achieving and maintaining aerospace and defense driven AM process and facility qualifications and certifications.
- Advise and lead on materials, machines, and process parameters to build parts that meet flight and non-flight specifications.
- Actively and closely work with quality engineers to identify and qualify vendors and suppliers for materials and post process services.
- M.Sc. degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 5 years of related experience or a Ph.D. with 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in additive manufacturing processes development with the focus on L-PBF process.
- Hands on in operation of Additive Manufacturing L-PBF machines, process parameter development and and direct experience working on building parts AM machine such as EOS M400, SLM solutions 500, 280, etc.
- Process knowledge for metal AM to make successful builds in Nickle, Aluminum, and Titanium alloys for aerospace and defense industry.
- Proficient in using the Magics and other software focusing on design for AM and build-file preparation, process simulation, and in-process monitoring.
- Knowledge and application of post printing processes for metal 3D printed parts, such as heat treatment schedules, surface finishing, and powder removal.
- Experience working in an AS9100, and ISO9000 environment.
- Knowledge of AM and Aerospace industry standards, including ASTM, ISO, AMS, SAE, etc.
- Served +5 years in an AM shop environment, specializing in 3D printing operation and maintenance of AM machines especially L-PBF for Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Knowledge of AM metal powders handling and re-use process.
- Knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with optical scanning for evaluating AM hardware.
- Familiar with Design for Additive Manufacturing concepts.
- US Citizen
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- The Company will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
If you have passion to build, innovate, troubleshoot, work collaboratively, and desire to be part of a team that wants to win together, apply today!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position