THE KANSAS UNIVERSITY ENDOWMENT ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Mail Campaign Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving
Responsible for producing Annual Giving mail and email campaigns for the Kansas University Endowment Association. The Mail Campaign Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving to produce timely, high-quality, cost-effective direct mail pieces and email campaigns that provide a consistent, positive public image for KU Endowment and the Department of Annual Giving.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving to produce direct mail appeals and email solicitations. This includes writing and editing copy, providing direction to the design team, selecting printers and other vendors through the competitive bidding process, ensuring contract fulfillment, and preparing and reporting job cost information and campaign results.
- Works closely with the Information Systems department to ensure correct segmentation and data integrity in all appeals.
- Assists in developing donor acquisition and retention strategies.
- Administers the Class Legacy Walk program
- Maintains an electronic file of messaging points by academic unit for use in direct mail projects, email solicitations and call center scripts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving or the Senior Director of Annual Giving.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Strong writing background required. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and proficiency with Word and Excel software required. Prior experience using the Advance system preferred. Three or more years of diversified office and customer service experience, high volume mailing practices and university work a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Command of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic mathematics. Ability to work independently and as a team member. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others. Skills in writing, editing, proofreading and researching are necessary. Attention to detail and the ability to circumvent foreseeable problems are a must. Ability to take initiative, make decisions, manage several projects concurrently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Knowledge of development and promotional writing and editing, production, printing technology, desktop publishing, direct mail, fundraising strategies and philosophy, data processing and word processing.
Please attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Questions regarding this vacancy may be addressed to:
Sr. Human Resources Associate
PO Box 928
Lawrence, KS 66044-0928
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable
Visit Careers at KU Endowment