*This position is located in Tonopah, Nevada at Tonopah Brewing Co.
Head Brewer- Tonopah Brewing Co.
We are looking for a Rebel Brewer who is a creative, driven individual who has a passion for creating the best beers. The Head Brewer’s responsibilities include quality control, crafting recipes, selecting ingredients, production management, testing the product, cleaning tanks and other equipment used in the brewing process and building and developing the skills and capabilities of the brewing team.
Tonopah Brewing Company is a growing local brewery and taproom located in the historic town of Tonopah, NV. We are taproom-focused brewery and BBQ restaurant with ambition to grow distribution over the next few years. The brewhouse features a 15-bbl Blackstone Ventures system. Vessels include four 15-bbl FVs, four 10 bbl FVs, two 10 bbl BBTs, four 10 bbl lager tanks, and one 15 bbl BBT.
In addition to those already with head brewing experience, experienced assistant or shift brewers looking to step into a leadership role are encouraged to apply. If you have two or more years of professional brewing experience in a professional brewery and are looking to challenge yourself, this might be the right place for you.
As Head Brewer you will:
- All aspects of brewing from wort production to cellaring to packaging.
- Consistently recreate existing flagships and seasonals.
- Recipe formulation.
- Ordering and inventorying of raw materials and consumables.
- Management of production volume needs and production schedule.
- Keeping detailed records of quality metrics.
- Care and calibration of quality instruments.
- Care and maintenance of brewing equipment and support systems.
- Maintain ongoing education for taproom staff.
- Represent the brewery at festivals and taproom events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years professional brewing experience in a brewpub or production brewery in the role of assistant brewer or higher.
- Diverse portfolio of recipes (preferably brewed, but conceptual recipes also welcome).
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Experience with QC/QA.
- Experience guiding tastings for staff and/or customers.
- Lift 55 pounds from ground to shoulder height and maneuver 170 pounds at ground height.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in confined spaces.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Housing Accommodations provided.
- Annual Salary Range: Depending on Experience.
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision, and Life Insurance, 401K.