Here follows information about the position:
Able Health Care Services believes in quality care for our clients. Join us for an exciting career in Health Care. We are looking to hire Fee for Service Speech Therapists for Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Nassau and Suffolk locations.
• Evaluation, direction, and provision of speech-language pathology service to patient/clients in the home in accordance with Company policies and procedures, applicable healthcare standards and government regulations.
• The Speech-Language Pathologist strives to proactively meet the needs of, and assist the patient/client in the achievement of individualized, defined and measurable outcomes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provides speech-language pathology services and assessments.
a. Participates in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Treatment and Plan of Care.
b. Utilizes professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate, and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions.
c. Administers and interprets diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments, including audiologic screening.
d. Observes records and reports changes in the patients/client’s condition and response to treatment to the supervisor and physician.
e. Appropriately provides instruction and training in the use of alternative communication systems.
2. Provides counsel and instruction to patient/clients, families, and healthcare staff.
a. Instructs, counsels and supervises patient/clients, families and caregivers in implementing the speech language therapeutic program and developing a written maintenance plan.
b. Participates in case conferences and acts as a resource person to other health team members in the identification and resolution of patient/client needs.
c. Coordinates patient/client care and supports ongoing communication between healthcare team members.
3. Maintains and submits documentation as required by the Company. Prepares and submits timely written reports of evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, case conferences as required by the Company.
Submission of clinical documentation, visit slips and daily time summaries/time slips is required for satisfactory completion of an assignment as defined by Company policy. Failure to provide required documentation on a timely basis, as currently defined by policy, will result in disciplinary action, and in the case of daily time summaries/time slips, the Company will be unable to generate a paycheck due to lack of written documentation on time worked.
4. Participates in agency’s Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program (QAPI). Communicates information that enables collection and root cause analysis of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
5. Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative, and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
6. Provides support and demonstrates understanding of the patient/client's emotional and spiritual needs.
7. Understands the emergency/disaster preparedness plan and procedures in place to meet their patient/client's individualized needs.
8. Other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required:
The candidate for this position will be a Physical Therapist who has received a Baccalaureate Degree in Speech Language Pathologist approved by New York State Education Department. The candidate must be a Speech Language Pathologist who is licensed by and currently registered with the New York State Education Department or who has been issued a valid permit by that department. Requires acute or homecare experience within the last two years.
The candidate will have one year of acute care or home care experience in their area of specialty. Good organization and communication skills and ability to function with minimal supervision and provide a reliable means of transportation are required.
This is a non-management position
This is a contract -- ffs position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs