As a home care agency, Able Health Care Service is dedicated in providing top quality care to all of our clients. Currently, we are looking for individuals who are compassionate and caring to be apart of our team. Join us for a rewarding career in Health Care.
Education and Experience
Here follows information about the position:
- Provision of professional nursing services in compliance with the state Registered Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and Able Health Care Service policies, procedures, and philosophy of care.
- The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible to proactively apply the nursing process to meet the needs of the patient/client and facilitate the achievement of individual, defined and measurable outcomes.
- Collaborates with physician and Director of Nursing (DON) in developing and implementing POT; ensures proactive revisions by obtaining timely interim orders and recertification based on initial and ongoing nursing assessments.
- Initiates timely contact with the physician & DON utilizing professional nursing judgment.
- Adheres to the POT in the provision of care.
- Utilizes an individualized goal-outcome approach in developing the nursing plan of care
- Ensures proactive revisions and additions to nursing care plan to meet the patient’s needs as assessed.
- Defines measurable goals within stated time frame and continually evaluates the care.
- Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of the HHA / PCA care plan and incorporates problems, specific interventions in the personal care plan.
- Initiates and responds to all contact to/from the patient/family, physician, DON, & other caregivers in an appropriate & timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between patient, family, physician, DON, other caregivers & the community to assure effective care coordination, appropriate resource referral and supervision of HHA/PCA staff.
- Participates in case conferences and acts as a resource for the healthcare team in identifying and resolving patient needs/problems.
- Maintains highest standards of patient/client confidentiality.
- Communicates need for supplies & equipment to safely deliver POT.
- Supervises, assesses & evaluates performance of the HHA/PCA and the Personal Care Plan.
- Ensures that the POC incorporates teaching related to health maintenance & prevention, safety and interventions to achieve goals and outcomes.
- Uses appropriate methods & tools in teaching and training, including discharge planning.
- Participates in teaching/training including orienting other staff members to POC & goals/outcomes, providing direction to HHA/PCA in ongoing implementation of POC & procedure specific training.
- Submits/maintains documentation according to Company policy.
- Proficient in skilled nursing care & assessment related documentation required to ensure payer source reimbursement for services.
- Accurately & thoroughly documents patient care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered, stating plan for next visit and/or discharge.
- Documents supervisory visits for inclusion in patient’s record in a timely manner. Updates Personal Care Plan appropriately.
- Monitors appropriate completion of HHA/PCA documentation as part of supervisory responsibility.
- Participates in agency’s Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program (QAPI)
- Attends, participates in internal staff development programs and continuing education programs.
- Seeks educational resources to maintain/enhance clinical skills.
- Maintains personnel file compliance, professional appearance, reliable, punctual and cooperative, conducts self-according to standards of professional practice.
Education and Experience
- The candidate for this position must be a Registered Nurse, preferably bachelor’s prepared with licensure in New York State and acute or homecare experience within the last two years
- . All acceptable candidates must have a minimum of three years of clinical experience in their area of specialty.
- Two years of their work must be in supervision/administration, preferably in a community health or home health setting.
- Basic knowledge of governmental home agency regulations, Medicare/Medicaid (as required) regulations, and Company policies are required.
- Good organization, communication, human relation skills, and reliable transportation are required.
- Self-motivation, assertiveness and independent decision-making skills are essential.
This is a contract -- ffs position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs