As a home care agency, Able Health Care Service is dedicated in providing top quality care to all of our clients. Currently, we are looking for individuals who are compassionate and caring to be apart of our team. Join us for a rewarding career in Health Care.
Here follows information about the position:
This is a great opportunity to join our team. We are looking for a Director of Patient Services to oversee patient services and supervise field staff. You will perform a range of duties. The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience in a nursing leadership role, outstanding organizational skills, and in-depth knowledge of healthcare industry policies.
- Plans the overall development and administration of clinical care policies and procedures for the organization promoting the highest quality of care. Participates in periodic review of all patient care management policies to ensure agency follows set regulations.
- Responsible for communicating to all employees the Agency's philosophy, The Joint Commission and company standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Designs and directs the recruitment, hiring, and development of sufficient clinical staff to ensure the delivery of safe and consistent quality care to all patient/clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Implements an effective program to prevent and detect fraud and abuse and criminal conduct within the Agency utilizing an audit system and procedure to monitor compliance with federal, state, and local statutes.
- Develops and organizes workflow between patient/client intake, scheduling, care plan development, and resource utilization. Coordination includes obtaining physician’s orders, when required by federal, state and local laws, and Company policy.
- Develops and implements on-going Home Health Aide and Personal Care Aide in service training programs based on results of aggregate competencies.
- Provides statistics quarterly on upgrades performed.
- Review clinical documentation, including assigning ICD-10 codes based on coding guidelines, review of OASIS assessment items for correct responses and educate on trends found in the review process as it pertains to coding and OASIS guideline and conventions.
- Other duties as required.
- The candidate must be a licensed and currently registered nurse in the State of New York with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s degree in Nursing public health, business administration or another health related field preferred.
- Home Care experience required, in-depth knowledge of legal policies and regulations in the healthcare industry. Joint Commission knowledge and experience preferred.
- Aptitude for problem-solving; excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Home Care software
- Annually Range $110,00 -$140,000
- Leave time includes Paid Time Off, Sick and paid holidays.
- Benefits include medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings – 401(k)
- Voluntary benefits – short term disability, life insurance and other products
- In-person; office
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
This is a management position
This is a full time position