- Provide individualized attention that encourages the participant’s ability to attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being possible.
- Assist in goal development and individualized plans for participants, providing support for goal and plan achievement. Report observed behavior to provide ongoing improvement in planning.
- Help with the daily personal care of participants.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each participant in the delivery of services.
- Interact with participants in a manner that displays respect and maintains their dignity.
- Creatively develop LCS Connect options for participants that focus on community-based learning and involvement in the community.
- Serve as a role model to all individuals associated with LCS.
- Coordinate & implement meaningful and productive opportunities for participants in the community and at LCS.
- Maintain daily case notes of all LCS Connect participants.
- Plan and execute weekly plans for assigned participants.
- Responsible for properly handling, documenting and providing receipts of participant’s money.
- Network and establish connections in the community with the emphasis on developing volunteer opportunities and innovative experiences for participants (1:3).
- Responsible for planning and executing community outings.
- Assist in the implementation of positive behavior intervention strategies.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and exhibit appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit proper care techniques when assisting participants with personal care. Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves and masks where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Lift, move, and transport participants, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention. Report any unsafe conditions to the Community Services Manager.
- Continuously demonstrate a high degree of patience, reliability, and sensitivity toward others.
Reports to: Community Services Manager
Direct Reports: None
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications
Preferred Education: High School Diploma or GED and CNA or CBRF Certified.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Must possess a current driver’s license and insurance.
Two (2) years of experience working with people with disabilities is preferred.
Abilities may include bending, reaching, and repetition of movement, pushing, and pulling. Lifting to 10# - 35# with reasonable accommodation, standing, sitting, walking, and talking. May be subject to environmental conditions, assisting outdoors or indoors in varied temperatures of hot and cold.
LCS is committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee is denied equal
opportunity for any non-merit-based factors.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs