- Provide support to participants to build skills that will lead into community employment.
- Design community experiences and classes that will teach participants about independent living, self- advocacy, employment options, etc.
- Provide daily coaching and supervision to Explore Participants participating in the assembly operation.
- Provide proactive support to each participant including personal cares, as needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in knowledge of ongoing projects.
- Provide participants with instruction, direction, and accommodations when necessary to help participants gain employment skills.
- Participant goals are monitored and noted each day.
- Work with participants who need guidance and support.
- Mentor participants and seeks assistance from community services staff on any participant related behavioral situations, if needed.
- Provide quality career exploration or capacity building opportunities and classes either at LCS or in the community for participants, such as volunteering and job tours.
Reports to: Community Services Manager
Direct Reports: None
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications
Preferred Education: High School Diploma or GED and CNA or CBRF Certified.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Must possess a current driver’s license and insurance.
Two (2) years of experience working with people with disabilities is preferred.
LCS is committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee is denied equal
Opportunity for any non-merit-based factors.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs