A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air.Locatedwithin minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easyto access the best of LA.
To increase customer satisfaction and room revenue by maintaining a professional and efficient operation of all Front Office procedures in accordance with the standards of Luxe Hotels.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
- Supervises the delivery and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the established guidelines/brand standards.
- Supervises accountability process for the Front Office; ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, company policies, established departmental guidelines/standards, and legal requirements.
- Supervises Human Resources responsibilities for the Front Office employees.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Works closely in mentoring/coaching Front Office staff with additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Monitors Front Office employees’ work schedules, enforces break/lunch schedules, provides early-outs and overtime based on budgetary guidelines, volume, forecasts, and departmental needs.
- Monitors Front Office employees’ activities for quality assurance. Evaluates employee performance and provides coaching when applicable; assists with annual performance evaluations as needed.
- Maintains complete knowledge of, and complies with, all departmental policies, service, procedures, and standards.
- Develops/maintains current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Provides guest resolution for all issues/concerns beyond the scope of authority designated to Front Office employees, in an expedient and professional manner, exceeding expectations, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assists the Front Office Manager with daily administrative duties, as needed/requested.
- Promotes a free exchange of ideas among employees to continuously improve guest service and job satisfaction.
- Advises management of any discrepancy, potential security issue, and/or area of concern which may have a negative impact on the department/property.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
- Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept stocked, clean, neat, and in working order.
- Inventories supplies and ensures necessary items are ordered, as needed.
- Completes all projects assigned by management in a timely and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with all departments within the property.
- Performs assigned duties during emergencies. Ability to work under pressure, or in an emergency, in a clam and rational manner.
- Assists in training Front Office employees, as necessary, to ensure departmental standards are met.
- Performs all of the functions of a Front Office employee at a high level of expertise, offering technical guidance/assistance as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- 1 to 2 years of front office supervisory experience in a hospitality setting.
- Opera experience a plus
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the business.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
Luxe Hotels is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Front Office
This is a management position
This is a full time position