A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air.Locatedwithin minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easyto access the best of LA.
About Luxe Hotels
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
Responsible for the operation of the Front Desk. Offer an efficient, friendly and courteous service to all guests. Maximize occupancy by maintaining room rates in order to achieve the highest possible revenues. Inform all relevant departments of guest’s special needs or requirements.
Areas of Accountability:
- Check arrivals list against correspondence to ensure that all information and documents are in order.
- Deal with individual and group arrivals in accordance with the check in procedure.
- Ensure that all VIP’s are escorted to their rooms.
- Ensure that pit checks and shift checklists are up-to-date and finalized before the end of each shift.
- Ensure that individual and group departures are in accordance with the pre-arranged method of payment.
- Competent in handling all authorized forms of payment including the processing of foreign currency transactions.
- Possess thorough product knowledge of room types, room positioning, current rates, facilities and services within the hotel. Able to offer and sell hotel amenities to the guests when required.
- Awareness of daily room availability to sell on an ongoing basis.
- Comply with Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel’s regulations when completing internal banking procedures ensuring that the figures are correct and that all back-up documentation is attached.
- Complete a thorough handover all arrivals/departures/special requests, etc. before ending shift.
- Receive and deal with all telephone and verbal enquiries, and ensure that all messages are taken and distributed in the correct manner.
- Maintain reception desk and general reception area in a neat and tidy manner at all times.
- Complete the pit-check procedure on a daily basis and follow up and report all discrepancies.
- Show guest or potential guest show rooms and answer any guest’s questions.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Los Angeles area and assist guests with directions if needed.
- Able to make and confirm reservations whether for the hotel or otherwise.
- Maintain the highest standard of appearance and social skills.
- Deal effectively and courteously with unhappy and unsatisfied guests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent Written and Communication skills
- Excellent Organizational and Prioritization skills
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required (3 years +)
- Experience with Opera (2 years +)
- Available for holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Luxe Hotels is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Front Office
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position