A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air.Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
About Luxe Hotels
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
Areas of Accountability:
- Ensure the following group functions are completed in an accurate and timely fashion:
- Entering Group rooms blocks
- Building Group Masters
- Entering Group Rooming lists
- Preparing special billing and coding of VIP's
- Entering rooming list changes and billing changes
- Complete blocking of room requests
- Preparing GRC for weekly Forecast & Revenue Meeting
- Communicating with Sales Managers and front desk on status of group information (i.e. create folder for each group for tracking and information.)
- Keep updated file on all upcoming groups
- Ensure travel agent commissions are processed for group booking
- Review no shows from previous night
- Keep credit card deposits up to date
- Creating and distributing weekly resumes on time
- Track and follow up on cut off dates
- Create booking links as needed
- Building BEO's as needed to support Executive meeting manager or marketing trade/shoots
- Be the on property point of contact as required once group or marketing trade/shoot is in house
- Review final bill with accounting and close out with client
- Send thank you and evaluation as requested by Sales manager
- Group Resumes sent weekly and distributed to all department heads. Confirm and clarify special needs with contact person on rooms contract form and translate to the resume for each upcoming group.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sales and front office areas, credit policy, different room types, sales and catering system and hotel services. Available for site inspections if needed
- Assist with weekly and Month end reporting for distribution to the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing. (Account production reports, GRC, Group Audit Opera vs Delphi)
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Enter sales guest reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using the hotel's selling strategy and knowledge of all rates, package plans, and hotel services, in order to close out sale and up sell the hotel as appropriate.
- Change and cancel reservations as guest requests. When canceling a reservation with deposit, ensure proper coding in reservation is done to advise on status of deposit.
- Report rate resistance and all problems to RDOSM.
- Be familiar with duties of the Regional Director of Sales, Transient & Group Sales such as forecasting, coding, closing out and restricting dates, checking arrivals/departures.
- Assist Transient Sales Manager with updating RFP tools, templates and tracking sheet.
- Asist with site inspection alerts as needed
- Answer requests, send brochures and information in response to guest requests and checking mailboxes.
- Prepare and ship collateral and sales giveaways for sales missions and trade shows for sales manager.
- Answer telephones and return calls in timely manner. Take phone inquiries and assign to appropriate manager.
- Delphi administrator and will be able to maintain the database. Manage users, create new users, clean up accounts, merge forms, reporting and manage open tasks. Retrain or set up training from Delphi as needed by sales and events team. Enter new accounts and business cards as needed by sales manager.
- Control office supply budget and ordering along with the Area Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of sales kits and give away
- Distribute and handle mail.
- Handle reservations if client needs immediate assistance.
- VIP reservations require VIP alert and Amenity form and trace. If required welcome letter to be signed by sales manager.
- Thank you evaluation letters sent to all groups that have checked out and forward feedback to sales manager
- Handle donations and execute gift certificates for both properties
- Works well in stressful, high pressure situations, including the ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers, co-workers and guests.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel and Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel to the public.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Further education is desirable.
- Must have experience in hotel front office and/or reservations/group sales experience preferred.
- Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence potential hotel guests.
- Ability to operate computer reservations systems.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Fluency in a second language is desirable.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
Luxe Hotels is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position