Luxe is a small boutique hotel chain in the Beverly Hills area. Our Rodeo Drive Location is completing an extensive physical renovation, which, combined with operational improvements, is taking the property to the next level.
This is a dual role, split to assist and manage the day to day activities of the front office and housekeeping operation. This position is expected to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention with personal recognition in all guest impact areas and expected to ensure product quality standards are met. Must adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.The Rooms Manager will directly and indirectly supervise the front office and housekeeping employees including but not limited to supervisors, room attendants, house attendants, mini bar attendants, front desk agents, bell-persons, doorpersons, and luxe club attendants, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the front office and housekeeping department. Schedule, plan, assign work, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals.
- Monitor performance and recommend/initiate corrective disciplinary action, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in according with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained in their respected areas and ensure associates have the required tools and equipment to successfully carry out their job functions.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Manage all aspects of front desk and housekeeping operations for assigned MOD shift
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival.
- Communicate to staff any VIPs or special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Communicate and assist in achieving departmental guest satisfaction, revenue, and profit goals and objectives. Manage labor costs and expenses within budget.
- Assist in managing hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
- Open/Close Front Office for arrivals/departures as required.
- Open/Close Housekeeping department and perform room inspections as required.
- Serve as Lobby Ambassador as required.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Authorize requisitions to replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
- Ensure emergency/crisis procedures are updated and relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel are developed and maintained.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Communicate and enforce hotel policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration
- Business Administration or equivalent
- Guest service/hotel experience with two years in a management capacity
- Must speak fluent English and Spanish is a plus, other languages preferred.
- Able to carry, push, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
This is a management position
This is a full time position