A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air.Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
About Luxe Hotels
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
The Host will be responsible for welcoming, accommodating, seating, and providing overall guest satisfaction in the restaurant and its operation. In this role, you are a key member to the front of house staff, while handling host duties, and large party reservations.
Areas of Accountability:
- Inspect dining room (clean floor, music on, T.V. on, lighting) and monitor service to guests.
- Review reservations and create a seating floor plan.
- Maintain the supply and presentable condition of menus.
- Receive and sign for beverage orders and assist with beverage inventory at end of each month.
- React to any sick calls and ensure that call-ins are handled appropriately.
- Compose and send “End of Shift Recap” to restaurant Manager and Executive Chef.
- Log any hotel guest issues (any complaints that warrant comping food) in hotels MOD report.
- Ensure that telephone is being answered promptly and cordially while ensuring that seating is done in a way to minimize guest wait.
- Notify staff of any 86’d items or any changes to the menu.
- Maintain strict beverage control for drinks and wine pours.
- Account and approve for all comps and discounts.
- Meet with restaurant manager and/or executive chef for any change of shift notes.
- Receive and record reservations by phone or in person according to established policies.
- Communicate with dining room staff so restaurant can be properly set up.
- Ensure that all guests are quickly and politely greeted upon arrival.
- Ensure that all information on the reservation sheet is fully understood and properly passed on to the appropriate personnel.
- Communicate with managers and General Manager about any questions involving special clients, requests or questions.
- Know the reservation list so upon check-in, guest names can be found quickly.
- Ensure that prepaid birthday cakes and gift certificates are communicated to a management member and server. Confirm all prepaid information, special cake and menu orders with kitchen.
- Direct event guests to the appropriate location.
- Knowledgeable of all outlet hours, menus and prices.
- React to any special requests.
- Have a strong knowledge of menu items and be aware of any menu changes.
- Answer incoming calls (within three rings) with efficiency and with a pleasant, friendly, unpretentious tone of voice.
- Take accurate and complete reservations in a thorough and legible manner and record all relevant information.
- Take accurate and complete messages and ensure they are delivered to recipient.
- Confirm all large parties’ dinner reservations in advance.
- Communicate with supervisor in reference to opening up last minute table availability.
- Maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
- Acknowledge and greet regular guests upon arrival, using their names when possible.
- Avoid using negative terms (try and never say no, instead give another option).
- Check tables and chairs before seating guests to ensure area is spotless.
- Maintain communication with General Manager/Managers.
- Provide accurate notation and identification of guests waiting in bar.
- Accurately communicate transfer of bar checks to dining room when seating guests from the bar.
- Acknowledge every guest’s departure with gracious and sincere salutation.
- Follow the media (especially restaurant press) and keeps up-to-date with cultural and social events in the city.
- Ensure that the all areas are always attended.
- Maintain proper stock of supplies including stationery, office supplies and the special amenities for guests leaving the restaurant.
- Check and return coats, packages, and miscellaneous items for guests.
- Maintain a daily log book that includes any important incidents, complaints, or messages for the next shift.
- Adhere to restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- React to dissatisfied guests, taking appropriate action.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- Completion of daily shift reports noting highlights, challenges and overall communications of shifts.
- Ability to push / pull 60 pounds regularly
- 2 years of food and beverage industry experience as a host/hostess
- Experience as a server preferred, specifically in a bar environment a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position