A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air. Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
The Director of Revenue Management and Reservations is responsible for implementing revenue management strategies and processes in order to optimize and maximize its revenues at the Luxe Sunset Blvd Hotel.
Areas of Accountability:
• Balance and Maximize occupancy levels by revising revenue strategies
• Managing room inventory, rates and restrictions
• Creates and updates forecasts
• Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential
• Will have a hands-on management of the reservations department
• Responsible for opening/closing rates on Sabre
• Manage all reservations data from all channels directly into Opera accurately
• Manage all third party sites, ensure proper implantation of all rate plans and new rate codes.
• Ensures the hotel is not out of parity with any sites
• Manages all third party websites and ensures all information is accurate and up to date
• Manages the call center and provides all information needed to the call center
• Builds a strong relationship with the customers, guests and team members in order to gain full understandings of their needs and work to serve them
• Builds all new rates, and ensures they are flowing from system to system
• Works closely with Sabre to send out rates during RFP Season, and build relationships between corporate and consortia partners
• Builds all revenue reports needed for weekly Revenue meetings
• Anticipates guests needs and expectations whenever possible and makes appropriate preparations to meet and exceed those needs
• Maintains continued training of Reservations agent to ensure productivity is at its highest
• Uses selling techniques to upsell resort according to revenue management procedures
- Resolves guest problems/complaints, utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management when needed
- Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly regarding reservation cancellation and check-in/out time
- Answers guests’ questions in a courteous and professional manner, provides information including but not limited to directions, shopping, dining, entertainment, hotel services and safety
- Handles reservation bookings, cancellations, and modifications completely, accurately, and with enthusiasm Finishes and completes emails from both information boxes in a timely fashion • Completes commission monthly to all OTA partners.
- Understands during times, you will be responsible to wear multiple hats including, front desk, Sales and catering, and Operations to help any way you can during a time of need
• Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
• Experience with RMS, CRS, and PMS systems within branded as well as independent hotel environments. Experience with Sales and Marketing Management software is helpful.
• Strong relationship building skills including ability to lead team members through influence and work collaboratively with others to achieve desired results, along with strong team development skills.
• Analytical, extremely comfortable manipulating data. Possess the ability to identify and utilize emerging trends and technology to generate revenue as well as implement related strategies.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
• Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 30lbs constantly • Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 30lbs constantly
• Standing/Walking: Occasionally. Sitting the majority of scheduled shift
• Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally. Completing tasks throughout the hotel
• Reaching: Occasionally
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- FSA Medical
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
Luxe Hotels is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Luxe Hotels:
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
With this in mind, we seek employees who share our values and who desire to deliver a gracious guest experience with sincere commitment. We accomplish this by making our guests feel cared-for and known, when they stay or dine with us. Their preferences are considered; their expectations are constantly exceeded. Meeting their needs is only the beginning of what we do to make them feel like they belong.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a management position
This is a full time position