A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air. Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
To provide support to the Sales and Special Events (Catering) team. Maximize hotel revenue by seeking out, identifying, and fully qualifying hotel group and catering business in conjunction with standards and polices of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel.
Areas of Accountability:
- Meets and exceeds customer and co-workers’ expectations.
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Handles difficult situations effectively.
- Achieves sales and catering goals by developing and implementing sales strategies.
- Contacts new potential business with focus in local market through appointments or cold calls.
- Contacts group business to determine catering needs.
- Clarifies customer requirements and suggests alternative menus, themes, etc.
- Prepares proposals for client which outline details of proposed functions, coordinates preparation of estimates with other food and beverage departments.
- Utilizes Sales techniques.
- Negotiates sales of group and catering sales functions.
- Contacts previous key group and local accounts for repeat business.
- Single point of contact for both our external customers, and our internal customers, in other words, our operations team at Luxe Hotel. This will streamline our business processes and enhance communications for all parties. Ultimately this will allow us to be easier to do business with, give us an advantage over our competition, and enable the rest of the sales team to focus on larger, more complex programs further into the future.
- Responsible for small groups that require guest rooms with meeting/catering space for companies holding board meetings, retreats, sales meetings, incentive programs and seminars. This includes entering groups rooming list, detailing room blocks, planning events/meetings, resume, and any other conference service activities to ensure a groups successful stay.
- The parameters are: Group business – 10 rooms on peak night or more, but generally no fewer than 9 rooms.
- Group business of 10 or more rooms for one night or more on peak or 20 room nights total or more, with or without function space, including social groups such as wedding blocks, bar mitzvahs, reunions, and any other market segment as needed to support group sales.
- Catering and special events requiring a few guest rooms will continue to be booked by the Special Events team and will be extended a catering rate through reservations.
- Responsible for assisting catering department with corporate meetings up to 25 guests. Sales manager will assist with Contract and BEO’s to execute the meetings including site inspections and entertainment as needed by Director of Special Events.
- Responsible to grow entertainment/production market (crew rooms, filming on site and photo shoots).
- Responsible to assist with Photo shoot/ location agreements along side of DOS. Assist with site inspection, negotiations of shoot fees and handle contracting/ resume and be point person on property as required by Production teams.
- Performs administrative duties to ensure efficient operation of sales and special events office.
- Maintains adequate inventory of all office supplies and handle purchase orders for Sales and Special events
- Maintain and update all files, create file labels.
- Maintain and process Gift certificates and update logs.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- First point of contact for phone inquiries/leads.
- Site inspections as required.
- Reservation support to Director of Revenue as needed
- Liaison between Sales, Catering and Marketing departments
- Update collateral, rate sheets, group and events offer etc. as needed with marketing team support.
- Assemble Sales and Catering Event Packets as needed
- Compile payment information for group sales and daily events as required.
- Book all in house meetings
- Assist with training new employees on departmental procedures, tools and reporting as needed.
- Facilitates execution of function by providing departments responsible for executing the function with the function specifications.
- Shops competitive facilities to record what groups are meeting at these individual facilities.
- Uses records of competitive to record what groups are meeting at these individual facilities.
- Required to work evenings and on the weekends based on event requirements.
- Ensures that events are setup and run in a smooth manner and that the client’s expectations are met.
- Hours of work will vary; will depend on events and workload. Required to work evenings and weekends.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k: in accordance with Hotel Policy (6% employer match)
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Cellphone Reimbursement
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Employee Daily Meals
- 24/7 On-call nurse
- We follow COVID-19 regulations per the CDC
- On site security
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 30lbs constantly
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 30lbs constantly
- Standing/Walking: Constantly
- Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally. Completing tasks throughout the hotel
- Reaching: Constantly
Luxe Hotels is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Luxe Hotels:
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
With this in mind, we seek employees who share our values and who desire to deliver a gracious guest experience with sincere commitment. We accomplish this by making our guests feel cared-for and known, when they stay or dine with us. Their preferences are considered; their expectations are constantly exceeded. Meeting their needs is only the beginning of what we do to make them feel like they belong.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a management position
This is a full time position