Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a AAA Four Diamond hotel! We are the ONLY AAA Four Diamond hotel in our competitive set and the only one near Brentwood and Bel-Air.
The Luxe Sunset Blvd Hotel is currently looking to add a Line Cook to our team. When you join the Luxe family, you are joining a world of possibility!
A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air. Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
Contribute to customer satisfaction by preparing and serving high quality food product in accordance with the standards and policies of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel.
Areas of Accountability:
Arrive promptly to make sure station is not left unattended and leave at time the schedule states, unless requested by a manager.
Go through station to assess prep-list to be fully stocked for service and guaranty freshness.
Keep hotel standards of quality according to supervisor’s training on quality and presentation.
- When customer order is in, it is priority to handle in a timely and quality minded manner.
- Follow every order to ensure items are as the guest ordered and special preparations are being taken into consideration.
- Make customer satisfaction the primary concern, keeping in mind the interest of the hotel.
- If an order is not understood, clarify with a waiter and bring it to the supervisor attention.
- If there’s a question about freshness or proper execution of a recipe, bring it to the chef’s attention.
- At schedule end on the day, make sure station is clean and food is in a tightly wrapped container; communicate to supervisor things needed for the next day.
- Wash hands with soap between tasks at designated hand washing stations.
- Be mindful of personal hygiene, clean nails and hair.
- Use gloves when handling food and change them between food prep.
- Keep station clean and always carry a container of sanitizer to clean workbench between tasks.
- Do not leave food cooling between 41F and 140F.
- Remove potentially hazardous items (chemicals, glass, etc.) from food handling areas.
- Report to supervisor any potential health concerns, faulty equipment and food shortages.
- Avoid distractions during work hours especially when handling dangerous equipment.
- Be mindful of others around you when using sharp or heavy objects.
- Ask for help carrying heavy items and use leg to offset the weight.
- Work in controlled movements and never run in kitchen.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60lbs constantly
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 60lbs constantly
- Standing/Walking: Constantly. Standing/walking the majority of scheduled shift
- Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally. Completing tasks throughout the hotel
- Reaching: Constantly
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- FSA Medical
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
Luxe Hotels is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Luxe Hotels:
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
With this in mind, we seek employees who share our values and who desire to deliver a gracious guest experience with sincere commitment. We accomplish this by making our guests feel cared-for and known, when they stay or dine with us. Their preferences are considered; their expectations are constantly exceeded. Meeting their needs is only the beginning of what we do to make them feel like they belong.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at LUXE Hotels