Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a AAA Four Diamond hotel! We are the ONLY AAA Four Diamond hotel in our competitive set and the only one near Brentwood and Bel-Air.
The Luxe Sunset Blvd Hotel is looking to add a Restaurant Host to our team. When you join the Luxe family, you are joining a world of possibility!
A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air. Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and the Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
Job Position: Host
Department: Food & Beverage
Accountable To: Director of Food & Beverage
Pay Range: $18.17 - $19.00 an hour
Responsible for planning seating to maximize revenue and guest satisfaction. The Host will greet and seat guests in a welcoming, accommodating, and professional manner. Provide guests with accurate and up-to-date information regarding the restaurant and its operations.
Areas of Accountability:
- Receive and record reservations by phone or in person according to established policies.
- Answer incoming calls (within three rings) with efficiency and with a pleasant, friendly, unpretentious tone of voice.
- Know the reservation list so guest names can be found quickly upon check-in.
- Ensure that all information on the reservation sheet/Open Table is fully understood and adequately passed on to the appropriate personnel.
- Take accurate and complete reservations thoroughly and legibly and record all relevant information.
- Confirm all large parties’ dinner reservations in advance.
- Communicate with the supervisor about opening up last-minute table availability.
- Check tables and chairs before seating guests to ensure the area is spotless.
- Escort guests to their tables and help them into their chairs.
- Present guests with clean menus.
- Inquire about water preferences “Still, Sparkling or filtered tap water”
- Notify appropriate server of table seated, how many guests and water preferences. Run water to table if necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain clean and proper stock of up to date menus at desk.
- Maintain proper stock of supplies including stationery, office supplies and any special amenities for guests leaving the restaurant.
- Ensure that all guests are quickly and politely greeted upon arrival.
- Monitor all waiting times and minimize guests waiting in the lounge.
- Check and return coats, packages, and miscellaneous items for guests.
- Take accurate and complete messages and ensure they are delivered to recipient.
- Maintain appropriate body language at all times, standing up straight and not leaning on the podium.
- Direct event guests to the appropriate location.
- Provide accurate directions, location and parking information.
- Be comfortable with all aspects of the Food and Beverage operations.
- Have a strong knowledge of menu items and be aware of any menu changes.
- Knowledgeable of all outlet hours, menus and prices.
- Be fully capable of describing and recommending menu items.
- Communicate with dining room staff so restaurant can be properly set up.
- Reset tables as needed to support servers.
- Ensure dining room floor and high traffic areas are kept clean.
- Communicate with managers about any questions involving special clients, requests or questions.
- Professionally react to any special requests.
- Acknowledge regular and VIP guests.
- Refer ALL disgruntled, frustrated or difficult customers to Manager.
- Maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
- Acknowledge and greet regular guests upon arrival, using their names when possible.
- Avoid using negative terms (try and never say no, instead give another option).
- Maintain communication with General Manager/Managers.
- Be aware of any guests in lounge area and ensure that excellent service is provided to them as well.
- Provide accurate notation and identification of guests waiting in bar.
- Accurately communicate transfer of bar checks to dining room when seating guests from the bar.
- Acknowledge every guest’s departure with gracious and sincere salutation.
- Communicate to General Manager when VIP guests arrive so that he/she can approve any special arrangements for the guests.
- Ensure that the all areas are always attended.
- React to dissatisfied guests, taking appropriate action.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- Adhere to restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60lbs constantly
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 60lbs constantly
- Standing/Walking: Constantly. Standing/walking the majority of scheduled shift
- Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally. Completing tasks throughout the hotel
- Reaching: Constantly
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- FSA Medical
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Meal and Parking
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
With this in mind, we seek employees who share our values and who desire to deliver a gracious guest experience with sincere commitment. We accomplish this by making our guests feel cared-for and known, when they stay or dine with us. Their preferences are considered; their expectations are constantly exceeded. Meeting their needs is only the beginning of what we do to make them feel like they belong.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
This is a part time position
Visit Careers at LUXE Hotels