WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Mayflower Inn & Spa colleagues always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Consistently offer a professional and friendly greeting
- Ensure that the guest’s needs are being met while they are waiting to be seated.
- Seat them and provide a menu communicating the name of the server assigned to the table
- Consistently maintain The Mayflower service standards throughout all F&B departments.
- Answer phones and make dining reservations as needed.
- Understand the responsibilities of the server
- Understand the end of shift reports and the POS system
- Ensure that menus are well-stocked at all times.
- Ensure respect of safe food handling procedures and a safe-working environment.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Open Table. Preferred.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and elegantly in English.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
Department: Food & Beverage Front of House
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position