WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing the Spa department. Ensuring the most memorable guest experiences by assisting the Director of Spa and Wellness in Spa operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Mayflower colleagues always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide overall spa leadership, maintaining the highest quality of spa & beauty treatments to drive guest satisfaction.
- Understands the impact of the department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Manage/train and hire all front desk and reservation staff.
- Assist Director of Spa and Wellness overseeing Housekeeping department
- Maintain an up to date version of the Spa Procedures manual and ensure compliance at front desk and reservations.
- Support and work with Lead Massage Therapist to maximize sales and therapists’ availability.
- Consistently strive to improve personal guest service performance applying 5* standards by testing staff to ensure they are up to compliance (ex: role-playing).
- Anticipate, identify and ensure the guest’s needs are being met in the best possible way.
- Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair.
- Apply /reinforce the company’s policies on daily basis.
- Ensure guest’s and members needs are consistently met in a courteous and timely fashion.
- Monitor sales operations in order to minimize losses utilizing a set of policies and standards.
- Maximize sales according to Spa product availability.
- Actively present in Spa public areas to engage with guests and generate additional business.
- Coordinate spa services and fitness programs for groups.
- Manage staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Effectively administer, create and monitor Staff scheduling in order to prevent overspending.
- Monitor and maximize schedule daily in order to improve sales and minimize expenses.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Spa and Wellness in his/her absence.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Brings issues to the attention of the Director of Spa and Wellness.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Minimum of three years’ Managing or Supervising Hotel Spa operations.
- Proven track record of Sales.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations.
This is a management position
This is a full time position