WHY THIS POSITION EXISTS
Mayflower Inn & Spa is a 58-acre property in Northwest Connecticut that needs a hands-on mechanic to assist with equipment maintenance and unit change outs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Mayflower Inn & Spa colleagues always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide in-house plumbing, HVAC, and electrical servicing, repair, and maintenance in an efficient, discreet and guest friendly manner.
- Work on A/C, REF, Kitchen Equipment, Laundry, Gas, Oil, Chillers, and Pumps
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are prioritized and are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Work with the Chief Engineer to learn every aspect of their role as well as the different expectations of the property.
- S-2 License preferred but not required.
- Must have proven experience and a solid understanding of plumbing, HVAC, electric, spa and pool utilities.
- HVAC, Plumbing, Pumps, and Commercial Laundry experience required, or willing to train.
- Must be familiar with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
This is a full time position