WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by organizing, directing, and coordinating the work of Front Office staff to attain optimal guest satisfaction.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Mayflower Inn & Spa colleagues always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Providing his or her team with the resources to ensure guests’ satisfaction and ensure that the entire front desk department operates within the scope of a budget and well-defined management practices
- Responding to guests' requests and concerns and accommodating groups to ensure guests are satisfied and provide repeat business
- Maintaining reservations systems such as Opera & Open Table
- Maintaining Forbes product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
- Ability to inspire front desk staff to reach high levels of performance
- Hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Understanding the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring the hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Ensuring good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in luxury hospitality. Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented. Honest and energetic work ethic.
Department: Front Desk, Executive
This is a management position
This is a full time position